Already have a Username/Password for Acadiensis?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- The submission is in Microsoft Word or in another acceptable format (Wordperfect or rtf).
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point, Times New Roman font; employs italics rather than underlining; and figures and tables are placed within the text rather than at the end of the submission.
- The text meets this journal's formatting requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines found in About the Journal (or, until mid-2010, follows the format found in recent issues as well as the Chicago Manual of Style). In order to to preserve anonymity in the peer review process, all submissions that are supposed to be either an article or a reseearch note should have the the identifying characteristics removed: 1) author's name from title page, 2) author's name and the titles of works in bibliography and footnotes (changed to "Author" and year), and 3) author's name from the document's "Properties," which in Word is found in the File menu.
- The submission has a 100-word abstract.
Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the author(s), with Acadiensis being granted a non-exclusive licence to each and every right in the work throughout the world. After publication of the work, the author(s) shall have the right to self-archive the work and to reprint the work in whole or in part in books authored by or edited by the author(s) withyout the payment of any fee. In these other formats, however, the author or authors are required to acknowledge the original publication of the work in the pages of the journal. In the case of any requests to reprint the work, Acadiensis will require a standard permission fee -- to be divided equally between the journal and the author. In the event that such requests are received by the author(s), the author(s) shall direct such requests to the journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.